The Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (CJTC) has officially extended application deadline for their vacant Corrections TAC Officer position. The challenging news, the cut-off is Monday, 2/5/24 @1700 (I’ve put in a request for extension but do not know if it will be granted) … the GREAT news, Sheriff Troyer has authorized and encourages our participation!! I AM REACHING OUT TO YOUR GUILD PRESIDENT TO ASK IF THIS CAN BE SHARED ON GUILD PAGE FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS OFF WORK. PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR PEERS
- Title: Corrections TAC Officer
- Purpose: To provide full-time services to the Commission, coordinating and conducting Washington State Basic Training Academy programs.
- Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Commander and Assistant Commander, the TAC Officer plays a crucial role in shaping the future of law enforcement professionals.
- Rewards: While the position can be demanding, it offers high rewards, including professional development opportunities and full reimbursement of wages and benefits.
Key Evaluation Areas: Candidates for this position will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Documented History of High-Quality Performance
- Emotional Intelligence
- Teaching Abilities
- Role Modeling and Mentoring
- Leadership and Teamwork Abilities
- Administrative Competence
- Ability to Perform Recruit Tasks
Application Requirements: Interested C/Deps MUST have successfully completed probation and may not be currently serving in a Career Rotation position to be considered for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your electronic packet to Chief Jones, Major Sutherlin, and Chief Jackson. Due to time constraint, we will help coordinate getting the necessary documents you need if that is an issue – but MUST get to us NLT 1500 if we’re needing to help you. We will in turn ensure your complete Application Packet is sent to Serena Anastasio, the Assistant to the Commanders, via email at email@example.com by the cutoff deadline & you will be cc’d in the submittal so you Your packet should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (do not let this deter you from applying)
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Support from your agency head
- Last two years of performance evaluations
- Full history of sustained complaints with your agency’s Professional Standards Office/Office of Police Accountability
- Letters of Recommendation (optional)
Application Deadline: Please ensure that your complete application packet reaches us in time to make the 1700 hour cut-off on Monday, February 5th, 2024. Upon review and acceptance of your application, qualified candidates will be contacted regarding the next phase of the screening process. This may include an oral board interview, an on-site visit, and an informational interview with current TAC Officers.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to contribute to the future of Corrections Officer training. Submit your application today!
Pierce County Strong ~ Chief Jackson